MUNICIPAL DISTRICT OF OPPORTUNITY NO.17 LIBRARY BOARD
PLAN OF SERVICE
2021 – 2025
Community input was obtained through the use of surveys. The following goals and objectives are based on that input and contain suggestions to continue with current programs.
GOAL 1 - Create awareness and preserve the history of area residents.
1. Continue to film videos of Indigenous Elders and Seniors, and
non-Indigenous Seniors, in the MD of Opportunity No.17 communities.
2. Continue to make access to this material available on library websites,
Peace Library System Niche Academy, and other relevant websites like
Voices of Amiskwaciy and Voices of the Land.
3. Continue to advertise these oral histories on social media sites, websites
and community newsletters.
GOAL 2 - To create awareness and support local authors.
1. Continue to support local authors through bulk book purchases for all three
libraries, students and community groups.
2. Continue to arrange author visits.
3. Continue to promote these books on social media sites and websites.
4. Continue to fund author attendance at relevant symposiums like The Writing Stick.
GOAL 3 - To promote patron use of the libraries.
1. Create a virtual book club.
2. Create Teen Time - activities for youth.
3. Create a Pajama Reading Party for kids.
4. Create more clubs like chess and gardening.
GOAL 4 - To do more community outreach
1. Create a book drop off program for Seniors.
2. Arrange for more school visits.
3. Continue to provide technical support for Seniors at no charge.